Space of Her Own, Inc. is funded through grants and generous donations from the community. The program operates on a shoe-string budget, and every donation counts.
SOHO is a registered 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, and every contribution is tax-deductible. We use each dollar contributed to motivate program participants, to enhance the unique arts and life skills programming and to build program capacity to support future expansion.
When you contribute to SOHO, you can be assured that your gift is making a substantial difference in the lives of young women.
Become a SOHO sponsor:
Click below to become a sponsor through SOHO’s secure PayPal portal
If you would like to contribute via check, please send your check to Space of Her Own, Inc., 520 King Street, Suite 100, Alexandria, VA, 22314
SOHO is one of Northern Virginia’s most cost-effective 501(c) (3) charities. Our 2014-2015 Annual Report contains information about how wisely contributions are spent.
Your contribution provides:
- Outstanding mentor recruitment, training and retention
- Supplies for SOHO’s creative visual arts and carpentry projects
- Healthy meals each week for SOHO girls and mentors
- Support and materials for mentor/mentee match events, holiday gatherings, community service and annual events that promote match retention
- A room renovation for each SOHO girl
- Efficient management for each SOHO program
There are many material donations that will support our art projects and help a young girl decorate her bedroom.
Storage for Material Donations:
The Space of Her Own program does not currently have storage space to keep donated items. If you have an item you would like to donate, please consider storing it until March, when we can offer it to the mentors and mentees. If you would like to donate storage space, let us know! You can reach us at email@example.com for any donations or suggestions.
What we need:
- Art & carpentry supplies for creative projects
- Bunk Beds
- Twin bed frames
- New twin mattresses and box springs
- New twin sheet sets in traditionally feminine colors
- New pillows
- Small desks, chairs, dressers and night stands
- Mirrors that can be decorated
- Lamps with plain, flat shades that can be decorated
- White / eggshell wall paint
- New paint brushes, rollers and drop cloths
- Plain curtains